An injection molding manufacturing company serving the automotive industry is searching for an Advanced Quality Engineer. The Advanced Quality Engineer will plan and direct all quality engineering activities for new product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Strategic Engineering Team, Business Unit Manager, the Technology Center, and Manufacturing on advanced quality planning to effectively bring new programs from concept to production.
- Work with customers to ensure advanced quality plans including critical dimensions, control plans, process flow diagrams, SPC plans, FMEA’s, etc. are initiated during the earliest stages of each program.
- Work with plant based Quality Engineering Managers and Quality Engineers to ensure proper utilization of advanced quality planning tools consistent with ISO-TS procedures.
- Actively seek responsibility for all aspects of Quality Engineering for all assigned customers and projects.
- Assume accountability for meeting all ISIR and part submission dates.
- Closely monitor and report project status (GYR format) to Engineering Manager on a weekly basis.
- Participate in all engineering team program design reviews and weekly team meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
In addition to an annual salary in the $90,000 to $110,000 range, the company offers very competitive benefits and exceptional relocation assistance.
- Preference given to individuals with engineering or technical degree and/or 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience in precision molding and quality assurance.
- Preference also given to individuals who are an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, or are currently pursuing certification.
- Prefer this individual to have a working knowledge in Design of Experiments (DOE), and ability to implement theories during qualification phases of new programs.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and other software products.
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical software strongly desirable.
- Skilled in metrology tools and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must have working knowledge of probability and statistics, with college credits preferred.
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints of plastic parts, assemblies and systems.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to identify problems and communicate solutions in a constructive and positive manner.
- Attention to detail; excellent organizational and record keeping skills.