An automotive plastic resin compounding company specializing in supplying polyolefin resins to the automotive industry is searching for an Application Development Engineer to support the OEM automotive account team. This is a newly created opening, special training and coaching will be provided in the start-up phase.
The Application Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Implementing the marketing strategy for a defined OEM group; GM, Ford and Fiat/Chrysler.
- Accountability for al European and Japanese landed OEM’s in US focused on VW-Daimler-Renault and Nissan.
- Driving automotive Masterbatched polyolefin resins for Tier 1 automotive suppliers.
- Developing an OEM market fact base.
- Developing an OEM and Strategic partnerships.
- Setting targets and accomplishing actions.
- Driving launch of new products/solutions in the OEM market.
- Driving for OEM project portfolios and driving for successful implementation.
In addition to an annual salary in the $100,000 to $130,000 range the company offers; an annual bonus, very competitive benefits including a 401k with matching, and relocation assistance.
Education, Experience and People Skill requirements:
- Technical four year degree.
- Ten plus yeas of relevant experience in sales, technical service, product and market development of Polyolefin compounded resins.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Demonstrable knowledge of marketing and sales techniques.
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills.