A certified manufacturer of custom components and assemblies for the medical device industry is searching for a Business Development Manager. Company specialties include; silicone molding (LSR & HCR), medical rubber molding, long-term implantable molding of both silicone and thermoplastics, silicone extrusion, with a focus on combining multiple processes into two-material products. The ideal candidate will live in the New England area and provide excellent service to existing and potential customers within the territory.
The Business Development Manager will:
• Develop and continue relationships with key customers, pursue leads and potential customers in territory.
• Use existing and new sales tools to identify new opportunities and pursue for results. Build and maintain customer accounts, contacts, opportunities, activity, progress and track business activity in CRM. Properly qualify all customers’ requests for quotes.
• Work with internal team, across the organization, to communicate customer needs and specifications required for quoting purposes.
• Be point of contact with customers to monitor expectations and address questions and requests in timely manner.
• Visit key customers quarterly (at a minimum) to manage account, solicit additional business and follow up on existing projects.
• Attend trade shows, seminars and sales meetings as directed to increase exposure, follow up on possible leads, maintain relationships and successfully secure additional business.
In addition to a salary in the $100,000 to $120,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits.
• Excellent written and verbal communicator.
• Able to proactively follow issues to resolution.
• Organized with the ability to concurrently manage multiple customer projects.
• Able to create and present professional presentations.
• Computer proficiency in sales based CRM software (Pipeline Deals), Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Technical understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes