Available Jobs in Controller
Show All Job Categories
Financial Controller – Newark, NJ
Posted August 2nd, 2019
A company that manufactures capital equipment wants to hire a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve the financial performance of the company and direct accounting operations. Duties for the Financial Controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
In addition, there will be human resource function to manage employee compensation, benefits, insurance, legal and regulatory compliance with all governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Preparing financial reports.
· Analyzing financial data.
· Monitoring internal controls.
· Overseeing and preparing income statements.
· Participating in budgeting processes.
· Managing financial transactions.
· Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
· Developing plans for financial growth.
· Evaluating and managing risk.
· Coordinating audit processes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Proven experience in finance management.
· Good communication skills.
· Strong leadership qualities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
· Auditing experience.
· Compliance oriented.
· Proficiency in accounting software.
· Analytical skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Degree in Accounting or similar field
· CPA and a Master’s Degree in Finance a plus
· Good computer skills and expert data analysis
· A minim of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience
· Experience working in a manufacturing company
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $100,000 range, the company offers bonus and profit sharing, competitive benefits including healthcare and relocation assistance.