A company manufacturing high temperature furnaces is searching for a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of all furnaces. The Production Supervisor will ensure that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows. The furnace manufacturing operation is people paced and requires supervision by a person that understands manual assembly of products.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraisal of job results to employees by; coaching, counseling, disciplining, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Completing a daily report of all activities
- Initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Setting daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to the employees
- Organizing workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Ensuring the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance of equipment used to manufacture furnaces
- Checking daily production to standards
- Submitting reports on employee performance and progress
- Identifying issues that impact production performance and suggest improvements
- Training new employees on how to safely use machinery and tools
- Resolving staff problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Training of all production staff in the performance of their responsibilities including following all safety and quality procedures.
- Managing all employee issues (vacation scheduling, sick day monitoring, etc.) in coordination with the Director of Manufacturing
- Maintaining department performance statistics as identified by the Director of Manufacturing including; production outputs, labor hours, O/T labor hours
- Reviewing staff hours Monday morning and providing them to the Accounting Department
- Enforcing strict safety guidelines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Results oriented; high levels of personal initiative and energy
- Must have excellent people skills and know how to instruct, coach and motivate
- Strong expertise in process disciplines
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain amicable working relationships at all levels of staff
- Good assembly, technical, analytical and problem solving skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Supervision is preferred
- 3+ years managing employees in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in assembly of equipment preferred
- 3 years of hands on experience in mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatic, and electrical a plus
In addition to an annual salary in the $55,000 and $70,00 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, profit sharing and an individual bonus and relocation assistance.