Description The world leader in the manufacture of plastic automotive body components, and fuel systems is searching for a Component Development Engineer. The Component Development Engineer will be responsible for the Design and Validation of Mechatronic (mechanical and electronic) Components in Fuel System and/or SCR systems. This includes; Application Projects (Sensors, Actuators, including their housing, connectors, wiring and flange).
Component Development Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Development of Components that he/she is in charge of, in relation with the Application Project team.
- Analysis of Customers specifications for dedicated components.
- Writing the Component Technical Specification (CTS) and validating the technical offers from the Suppliers, together with the Purchasing Dept.
- Technical Responsible for components developments and validations by suppliers.
- Technical Responsible for the components development and validations as assigned.
- Definition and follow-up of components validation tests in front of the customers.
- Contribution to the assembly process design as needed.
- Analysis of Customer’s specifications and associated norms and standards for the component(s) he/she is in charge of.
- Definition of the Deviation list for the components he/she is in charge of. (Critical Requirements List)
- Writing the Components Technical Specifications (CTS)
Components Cost Management
- Contributes to reaching the component target cost, and related costs of validation and development.
- Elaborate on technical solutions for components cost reduction.
Technical Expertise Development
- Development of the expertise: creation of database, calculation methodologies, correlations, test procedures…
- Consolidation of the expertise: writing technical reports, design guidelines.
- Comprehensive Health Care Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Days
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Recognition and Company/Team Events
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs
- Retirement Plan: 401K
- Annual salary in the $60,000 to $75,000 range, depending on experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical and/or Mechatronics Engineering, preferred)
- New College Graduate minimum to several years’ of engineering experience
- Strong understanding Fuel Systems and SCR Systems
- Ability to provide coordination between Electrical and Mechanical disciplines
- Strong knowledge of electro-mechanical component technologies and functionalities
- Information tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Sense of organization, autonomy, dynamic, team spirit
- Development tools in Automotive (Robust design, DFMEA, Target cost, DOE, DV/PV, SPC,…)
- Technical accuracy, creativity, availability
- Experience simulating component designs
- Fuel system and SCR system knowledge
- Electronics knowledge
- Signal process control knowledge
- Test procedure and DOE writing
- Project management knowledge
- Possible patents applications
- English (fluent)
- French or German (occasional) a plus
- Ability to lead suppliers throughout the development processes.