A plastic injection molding company manufacturing tight tolerance connectors for fiber optic cable wants to hire an Engineering Technician. The Engineering Technician will track, manage and organize multiple projects simultaneously. In addition, the Engineering Technician is responsible for integrating solutions to plastic molding issues across the whole organization; making decisions along the development path as well as bringing the team together and gaining consensus on major decisions or changes.
Engineering Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, specify for purchase, fabricate and assemble end-of-arm tooling for part removal automation on molding machines.
- Design and fabricate tooling frames.
- Design/adapt/install pneumatic and/or vacuum-actuated part collection equipment to end of arm tooling; suction cups, grippers, cutters, etc.
- Design/adapt/install part receiving apparatus to receive collected parts from part collection equipment; funnels, conveyors, chutes, etc.
- Design/adapt/install mounts for inspection cameras and related equipment.
- Aptitude to train-on and thoroughly understand:
- PC based programming software for controlling camera inspection systems. Automated and semi-automated motion control systems.
- Electronic sensors of multiple types.
- Ability to operate powered machine tools according to accepted safety standards.
- Using metrology tools; micrometers, calipers, indicators, Digital Read-outs, etc.
- Trouble-shoot and repair pneumatic press equipment when needed.
- Fabricate or order replacement parts for pneumatic press equipment.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of pneumatic press equipment and associated tooling and processes.
- Understand principles of electricity and electronics, pneumatic systems and hydraulic systems.
- Testing, evaluating, troubleshooting and diagnosing electronic and electro-mechanical issues at the system and component level.
Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Engineering or Science is preferred
Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills
Ability to read and interpret drawing and blueprints
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour