A company specializing in the manufacture of high temperature furnaces want to hire an Engineering Technician. The Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting Engineering and Sales while by improving the company’s business practices, processes and workflows. He or she coordinates activities and shares information with everyone in the workflow. The Engineering Technician is the administrative arm for Engineering; gathering information, sharing it, tracking it, ensuring the accuracy of it, and posting project reviews. The primary workflows include the sales quotes and sales orders, and all the functions that impact engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, accounting, logistics and sales. The Engineering Technician position is at the center of all workflows, deciding what information to share and when. This role has can make a huge impact on productivity, overall effectiveness and the costs associated with engineering and manufacturing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be responsible for the customer quote process
- Will be responsible for the sale order process
- Collect and distribution information for each work flow
- Maintain the “Project Engineering Binder”
- Maintain quote process tracker
- Maintain sales order tracker
- Maintain customer service technical support tracker
- Maintain equipment testing files
- Participate in meeting that impact any of the company’s processes
- The gather of information is essential to identifying the causes of a current problem, as well as potential future issues.
- Work with colleagues to identify issues, log the issue, qualify the issue, track the action items, and manage the issue when done as a specific project.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedure manual.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with people from multiple levels within the company from management to manufacturing staff
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be accurate
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Excellent written skills a plus
- Good decision making skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Project Management.
- Good computer skills and expert data analysis skills
- 5 years of progressively responsible technical work experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing company.
In addition to an annual salary in the $55,000 to $75,000 range the company offer competitive benefits.