- A growing manufacturer of plastic injection and blow molding equipment serving the United States Market is searching for four Field Service Engineers. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) works closely with the Technical Manager, supporting the company’s internal and external customers through-out North and South America, as well as globally when required with efficient, accurate and timely completion of technical tasks. Through expert technical aptitude (electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical), the FSE will accurately, efficiently and cost effectively satisfy market needs through product quality and service such as after-sales support, troubleshooting and technical aspects of implementation and repair of complex electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment, following protocol and procedures. The Field Service Engineers can work out any location as long as they have reasonable access to an airport.
Field Service Responsibilities: including but not limited to the following:
Assist service department to support customers, with knowledge, in industrial equipment aspects of installation, replace, maintain, troubleshoot and repair of complex electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or mechanical equipment including but not limited to robots or programmable controllers, numeral controls, pipe systems, gauges, valves, pressure regulators, power supplies, drives, and related equipment; PLC programming and analysis where necessary and/or solve production issues and process improvements.
– Interpret customer production, layout and processing data to advise on options and alternatives for product installation, operation or repair for customer service support.
– Assist with analytical engineering consultation, technical input and mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical or electronic equipment troubleshooting.
– Be visible and a person known to customers to be purposeful in getting equipment running quickly and effortlessly as possible with a pleasant professional demeanor (by phone and in person) and/or be able to get the correct assistance to solve the issues.
– Blow mold and/or injection mold equipment experience.
– Injection mold rebuild including dismantling, wiring, assembling, cleaning and mold inspection.
– Responsible for proper maintenance and storage of tools and machines.
– Issue the technical report after every technical intervention.
– Updating technical knowledge to keep up with technological solutions.
– Support the company business, when required, outside the USA.
In addition to an annual salary in the $70,000 to $80,000 range the company offers 100% company paid Healthcare Benefits, and a 401k with 5% matching.
RequirementsMust have electrical and mechanical experience and/or equivalent education a minimum of an Associate Degree preferred.
– Aptitude to troubleshoot mechanical issues such as malfunctioning parts, how to dismantle, replace, repair, know stress tolerances, etc. and read/understand schematics.
– Electrical knowledge and/or capability to read electrical schematics.
– Aptitude to install and repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
– A minimum of 2 years of blow molding and/or injection molding and/or filling line and/or palletizers and/or robotics equipment service experience.
– Demonstrate a calm, rational and non-combative temperament at all times.
– Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as listed in the Essential Functions.
– Ability to drive the forklift or available to be trained to use the forklift.
– Aptitude to write technical reports.
– Willingness and availability to extensively travel domestically (in excess of 75%).
– Eligible and available for occasional travel to parent Company in Italy or other international location.
– Flexibility to work over weekends if necessary.
– Computer literate and good command of the English language.
– Possess or be eligible for a US driver’s license and passport
– Ability to analyze engineering documents including electronic schematics and assembly drawings
– Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
– Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
– Ability to draft technical reports detailing technical or design flaws.
– Be self-motivated and able to deal with executive management and operators equally professionally
– Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and pressurized environment without compromising efficiency and accuracy of work.
– Software and Applications:
o PLC Siemens S7-300 and/or PC Siemens S7-MAC (AWL or Ladder Programming Language)
o TP-177 and/or MP-277 and/or Thin Client, Siemens (WINCC Programming Language)
o FANUC Robot (FANUC Programming Language)
o Siemens Profibus/Profinet