A custom plastic injection molding company is searching for a General Manager. The General Manager shall direct and coordinate the activities of the company. He or she shall also aid and guide upper management in formulating and administering the organization’s policies. To be considered for this position, an individual must be well acquainted with any and all international standards (ISO9001, ISO14001 and an understanding of TS).
The General Manager will also be responsible for:
- Participating in formulating and administering company policies
- Participating in developing long range company goals and objectives.
- Achieving company goals and objectives
- Reviewing and analyzing; costs, operations, and forecasting data to determine the company’s progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Conferring with upper management and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Reviewing reports from the plant and generating utilization and efficiency reports to track the daily operations of the company
- Communicating with the management of other divisions to ensure the smooth transition of tooling equipment and products between plants
- Providing any technical or administrative assistance that may be needed to other divisions
- Serving as member of management committees on special studies
- Following the organization’s policies as well as any applicable laws while carrying out any of his or her managerial duties
- The interviewing, hiring, training, rewarding, and disciplining of employees
- The planning, assigning, and directing of work;
- The appraisal of performance
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
In addition to an annual salary in the $100,000 to $130,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
Education and/or Experience
In order to hold the position of General Manager, an individual must have a bachelor’s degree or fifteen to twenty years of injection molding industry experience and/or training. Applicant must have fifteen plus years of experience with injection molding and a keen understanding of each role: engineering, machine operator, production, maintenance, process technician, mold design, tooling, quality assurance, sales, materials and accounting. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also satisfy this requirement.
The General Manager must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. He or she must also have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
The General Manager will be expected to be able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed styles and/or formats. He or she must possess the ability to effectively present information to top management.
The General Manager must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. He or she must also be able to draw; to compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to interpret bar graphs.
The General Manager must also be able to understand complex blueprints.