A leading plastic closure company is searching for a Tooling/Maintenance Technician reporting to the Plant Manager.
The key responsibilities for the Tooling/Maintenance Technician are as follows:
- Initiates action for non-conformances related to mold condition or function
- Maintaining the injection molds at a level that focuses on preservation and product quality at or better than production standards
- Performing mold related services to schedule (dates due and duration of downtime)
- Setting and pulling the molds in and out of the injection machines
- Providing support to the maintenance and production departments as required
- Maintaining the following: Injection molds (troubleshooting/ inspection/ repairs/ cavitation/ PM’s), spare mold related tooling (safe storage, accurate inventory count, internal request for purchases of tooling components) and cleaning supplies associated with mold maintenance to include the solutions in the FISA sonic cleaner
- Tools and equipment used are the right for the job and in good working order
- Responsible for maintaining mold related records and department relevant notes.
- Execute mold maintenance activities in a safe manner.
In addition to an hourly rate in the $24 to $25 range, the company offers competitive benefits.
- Competent in several of the following areas: reading blueprints, pneumatics, hydraulics, machine shop equipment, metal fabrication, mechanical principles and basic math. Geometry and trigonometry a plus
- Basic rigging skills to manage assembled molds and mold plates
- Working knowledge of injection molding machines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
- Experience in the following areas: Mold troubleshooting and repair, hot runner system repair, close tolerance components, injection molding process and troubleshooting
- Ability to use machine shop equipment such as: lathe, mills, surface grinders, measurement equipment and basic functions of an injection molding machine
- Working knowledge of a software based maintenance management system
- ISO or similar quality system and SQF or similar food safety system preferred
- Technical college diploma in related field or Industrial Trade License is preferred