A well established custom thermoplastics and thermoset plastics manufacturer, providing an array of automotive and industrial components, is searching for a Plant Manager to lead the plastic injection molding operation. The Plant Manager is a highly visible position both to the internal and external customer and is responsible for providing leadership, authority, and direction in producing quality products and systems, driving continual improvement in processes and personnel performance. The Plant Manager duties include;
- Ability to implement an automotive culture employing TS 16949 and customer specific requirements and a high regard for quality in a high paced production environment.
- Develop and monitor plant budget and plant P&L.
- Maintain a working relationship with customers, with a primary objective of meeting agreed upon requirements in quality and delivery.
- Support the new product development process, through allocating operations team members to analyze specifications, and assist in material selection, type and method and sequence of operations required and verify that proper documentation techniques are utilized during and after the Production Trial Run.
- Ensures inspection of work in progress and finished products and completion of required documentation.
- Studies production schedules and forecasts to develop resource planning.
- Interprets specifications, and assigns duties for production and production support, to include warehousing.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Sponsors the plant continuous improvement process with a passion for eliminating waste and reducing variation. Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains and monitors labor, attendance and production records.
- Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments. Also works closely with other departments such as Engineering, Production Inventory Control, Quality Assurance, etc. to ensure continued production/development.
- Communicate and monitor key metrics in line with corporate objectives.
- React to business indicator trends and adjusts operation plans accordingly.
- Promote problem solving and process corrections through Quality Systems sampling and testing (e.g., DOEs, mold sampling, machine analyzing).
In addition to a salary in the $100,000 to $130,000 range, the company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability, life, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a production-related focus.
- 10 years progressive experience in production, with automotive culture and injection molding experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently, plan and initiate new ideas and methods, apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to delegate responsibility, anticipate problems in area of specialization and plan ahead for them.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and make decisions independently, drive projects, develop strategic plans, closely check the corrections of work done by self and others, and work in a team environment.
- Good and tactful communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of the Injection Molding theory and practice.