A manufacturer of injection molding plastic fasteners is searching for a Process Engineer. The Process Engineer will direct and coordinate all plant engineering activities necessary to manufacture product in specification to customer established requirements. Activities shall include injection molding press process development, process validation, process improvements, and process audits to ensure optimum process that meet cost effectiveness and customer requirements.
The Process Engineer’s responsibilities include:Identify, plan, lead and drive process improvements throughout the plant related to processing, processes, and engineering.
- Retain, direct, supervise, train, and lead plant Process Technicians.
- Assist in ensuring timely conformance to the production schedule.
- Coordinates all new product and mold sampling, process development, process documentation, and activities related to new product validation leading to the mass production through use of Scientific Injection Molding methodologies.
- Identifies and recommends specifications, cost, purchasing and implementation of plant equipment, and “End of Arm” tooling and automation.
- Ensures accurate and time documentation of injection molding processes, set-up diagrams, process changes, and improvements.
- Coordinates timely and routine process audits to ensure compliance to engineering approved processes.
- Makes necessary changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of the plant.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and metrics for the Engineering functions based on plant and corporate initiatives and for the Quality Management System. Tracks and documents metrics and takes corrective actions when metrics are not established targets.
- Ensures, enforces, and improves a safe working environment for all associates. Takes immediate actions to correct any unsafe conditions.
- Identify and develop measurement systems, analyze data and implement methods to support the Continuous Improvement System.
- Enforces all company policies, procedures, and practices in a consistent manner.
In addition to an hourly rate in the $22 to $25 range, the company offer competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
Education and/or Experience
Must have 2 plus years of injection molding process experience using scientific injection molding technologies. Preferably a certification as a Master Molder or a four-year college degree in an applicable science discipline with demonstrated upward progression. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also satisfy this requirement.
The Process Engineer must be able to read, analyze, and interpret complex customer requirements, procedures, and schematics, along with common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. He or she must also have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
He or she must possess the ability to effectively present information to top management.
The Process Engineer must be able to perform complex mathematical equations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. He or she must be able to draw; to compute rate, ratio, percent, and interpret schematics, graphs and common mold prints. In addition to this, he or she needs to have a basic understanding of budgets, accounting and statistics.
The Process Engineer must also be able to understand complex blueprints.