A rapidly growing manufacturer of tight tolerance plastic injection molded parts is searching for a Process Engineer. The Process Engineer:
- Develops, configures and optimizes processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Designs, runs, tests and upgrades Molding systems and processes.
- Assesses processes, takes measurements, and interprets data.
- Develops best practices, routine, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Performs process simulations.
- Performs risk assessments and clearly articulate issues or opportunities to upper management.
- Holds weekly meetings with technical staff to brief on currently state of processing (I.E. Tools, Machines, Test run results, etc.).
- Provides process documentation and operating instructions to reduce product variations.
- Participates in new mold procurement as a process advocate.
- Helps close loop between new or troubled molds and final FAI/re-release to Manufacturing.
In addition to an annual salary in the $75,000 to $90,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits.
A four year technical degree and related plastic injection molding processing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications Word Processing software; Microsoft Office Applications Spreadsheet software and Web-Based Software Human Resource systems.