A well established custom injection molding company is searching for a Plastic Injection Molding Process Engineer. The Process Engineer will be responsible for leading process engineering activities focused on cost, quality, and innovation to support existing and new business. Position requires a balance between hands-on and analytical plastics manufacturing engineering skills in injection molding process, changeover, troubleshooting, automation, die optimization, and quality control.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for process development on all new injection molds
• Working with Engineering, Quality, and Production Manufacturing to create a stable and sustained molding process for the manufacture of quality products.
• Start-up/shut down of machinery, temperature controllers, cooling systems, valve gate systems, color concentrate equipment loading systems, and power supplies to achieve standard operating efficiencies.
• Troubleshoot existing processes to maintain or improve quality parts. Evaluates process capability and develop solutions for improving process control.
• Maintain production paperwork as required for the assigned shift and operator group.
• Work closely with supervisors and operators to improve product flow, improve quality, and reduce scrap.
• Provide direction and training to Process Technicians on all shifts.
• Provide instruction of established processes to other Process Technicians, Supervisors and Operators.
• Maintains complete and accurate records of all work performed.
• Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
• Perform minor mold and machine maintenance and assist in die sets as needed
• An analytical problem solver and assertive self-starter
• Future oriented conceptual thinker who sets high standards for themselves and others
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong desire to master your area of responsibility
• Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
• Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
• Relentless drive to win
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Work Experience / Qualifications
• 6+ years of hands-on engineering and/or process validation experience in an Injection Molding facility across varied machines, resins, and auxiliary equipment.
• RJG Master Molder certification (or other scientific molding certification)
• Knowledge of molds, set-up procedures, and troubleshooting.
• Expert knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment.
• Comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of robotics (Wittmann, Yushin) and auxiliary equipment used with Plastics Injection molding machines
• Proven root cause analysis and analytical problem-solving skills with good decision-making ability. Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to lead, guide/coach/mentor and direct team members to support Process Engineering
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with Teammates at all levels of the organization with good interpersonal, judgment and organizational abilities.
• Competent with Microsoft Office Software.
• Good understanding of, and experience utilizing, Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Experience with ISO requirements.
• Strong sense of urgency and dedication to pursuing operational excellence.
In addition to and annual salary in the $90,000 to $110,000 range, the company offers; Attractive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K, holiday and relocation assistance.