A custom injection molding company is searching for an Injection Molding Process Technician. The Injection Molding Process Technician will be responsible for:
- Performing machine start-up, shut-down, color changes, and any necessary processing changes to ensure that the machines are running at the proper efficiency and that the product is in conformance.
- Providing technical support for new tooling qualifications and process capability studies.
- Leading molding improvements to include cycle time efficiencies, cavitation, scrap reduction, and establishment of optimal processing parameters.
- Monitoring and repairing all auxiliary equipment and notify maintenance department of any issues with any machines or equipment which Mold Set-up can’t handle.
- Verifying the injection molding machine cycle, cavitation, and set-up parameters are correct.
- Recording performance of machines and any adjustments made.
- Communicating with the QA department to prevent any nonconforming product.
- Maintaining machine cleanliness, and perform simple mold, machine, and equipment repairs.
- Assisting with, shift changes, logo changes, and machine repairs when possible.
- Assisting in the set-up, repair, and troubleshooting of Injection Molding equipment
- Following all GMP practices.
- Assisting Foreman, or Acting Foreman, on an as needed basis.
- Assisting in the training of other personnel as needed.
In addition to a modern work environment, the company offers a hourly rate in the $16 to $20 range, competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
- Capable of reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Possess functional knowledge of injection molds, injection molding machines, injection molding processes, mold setups
- 5+ years’ experience in plastic injection molding processing.
- Posses basic hand tools and the knowledge to use them.
- Capable of maintaining an attendance record within Company guidelines and working overtime as required.
- Experience with automation systems.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the Company and to the production of quality product.
- Have experience changing molds.
- Have experience setting molds.
- Have experience processing and troubleshooting a wide array of thermoplastic resins and complex molds.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen