A rapidly growing plastics injection molding manufacturing company is searching for Process Technicians to establish plastic injection molding processes, develop processes, train operators and process technicians and monitor them with data, find opportunities for improvement, and be able to:
- Operate and set-up: injection molding machines, vision systems, down-stream equipment, and material feed equipment
- Assist with the start-up of new equipment by developing process parameters.
- Develop Operator training plans and train Operators and Process Technicians.
- Monitor critical process parameters on the injection machines and secondary systems
- Establish optimum calculated alarm parameters around the baseline process
- Conduct process related training for operators
- Work with outside suppliers, machine manufacturers, and company management
- Execute sample requests issued and process related activities focused on identifying root cause
- Participate in mold and product design/drawing reviews when required
- Advanced process analysis: identifying process improvements that result in cost savings, improved part quality, and improvement of related KPI’s
- Lead role in implementing process improvements that result in cost savings and improved quality
- Assume a key role in the PFMEA Process when required
In addition to an hourly rate in the $22 to $25 per hour range, the company offers a 401k and healthcare benefits.
Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mold setting and establishing injection molding process parameters
- Effective organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Advanced injection molding knowledge related to troubleshooting and resin behavior
- Advanced problem-solving skills focused on root cause analysis and lessons learned
- Working knowledge of basic injection molding Hydraulic/ Electric/ Pneumatic presses and Vision Systems
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience with injection mold machine processing, mold setting and secondary equipment operation
- ISO type quality systems
- RJG Molding experience
- Prefer someone living in the Spartanburg, SC immediate area.