A rapidly growing plastics injection molding manufacturing company is searching for three Process Technicians to establish plastic injection molding processes, develop them, train operators and process technicians and monitoring them with data, find opportunities for improvement, and be able to:
- Operate and set-up: injection molding machines, vision systems, down-stream equipment, and material feed equipment
- Assist with the start-up of new equipment by developing process parameters.
- Develop Operator training plans and train Operators and Process Technicians.
- Monitor critical process parameters on the injection machines and secondary systems
- Establish optimum calculated alarm parameters around the baseline process
- Conduct process related training for operators
- Work with outside suppliers, machine manufacturers, and company management
- Execute sample requests issued and process related activities focused on identifying root cause
- Participate in mold and product design/drawing reviews when required
- Advanced process analysis: identifying process improvements that result in cost savings, improved part quality, and improvement of related KPI’s
- Lead role in implementing process improvements that result in cost savings and improved quality
- Assume a key role in the PFMEA Process when required
The Process technicians will work a 12 hour day or night shift position (2 days on, followed by 3 days off, followed by 3 days on, followed by 2 days off, etc.).
In addition to a hourly pay rate in the $26 to $28 per hour range, the company offers a very competitive health care package, a 401k with matching after 6 months, relocation assistance and first shift
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mold setting and establishing injection molding process parameters
- Effective organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Advanced injection molding knowledge related to troubleshooting and resin behavior
- Advanced problem-solving skills focused on root cause analysis and lessons learned
- Working knowledge of basic injection molding Hydraulic/ Electric/ Pneumatic presses and Vision Systems
A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience with injection mold machine processing, mold setting and secondary equipment operation
- ISO type quality systems
- RJG Molding experience
- Live in the Spartanburg, SC immediate area.
Based on previous experience, ability to answer the following Process Development Questions
- How would you perform mold qualifications (new and transfers)?
- Experience processing what types of products?
- Experience processing what type of materials?
- How do you calculate tonnage?
- How do you determine Injection Speeds?
- Hold time and pressure relationships?
- Transfer points?
- How do you Identify bad press conditions?