A plastic injection molding manufacturing company is searching for a Production Team Leader. The Production Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day operations, playing a key role in providing management and leadership to deliver operation improvements.
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Promote safety programs and safe work practices.
- Achieve performance standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Provide direction, leadership and support for direct reports, empowering and encouraging teamwork.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, aligning resources with systems.
- Plan production schedules for components, parts, and sub-assemblies.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards.
- Participate in planning meetings, recommending space, personnel, and equipment requirements.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Management System (QMS) procedures and requirements, participate in ISO planning sessions.
- Develop, recommend, and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, making recommended measures to improve production, equipment, performance, utilization of employees, and quality of product.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist employees in solving work problems.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, and documentation.
- Review timekeeping, vacation schedules and overtime approval.
- Ensure compliance with department housekeeping standards and all safety and work rules, regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to an annual salary in the $50,000 to $85,000 range the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Leadership Development, Supervisory Management, or related field and/or combination of related education and leadership experience.
- Requires five to seven years of production experience.
- Requires a minimum of three years leadership/supervisory experience.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.
- Lean and continuous improvement experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Training Within Industry knowledge preferred.