A proprietary injection molder of disposable lab ware is searching for a Injection Molding Program Manager to lead the development of lab ware products from initial idea, through approved design, procurement, process development, process verification, and successful implementation into manufacturing.
The Injection Molding Program Manager will be responsible for:
•Participating on cross functional project teams to develop and verify manufacturing processes.
•Presenting development results at technical reviews.
•Communicating effectively within team and to engineering management on process development progress.
•Completing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews of new product designs, determining process feasibility, development options, and reviewing process specifications and development plans with appropriate mold makers, contract manufacturers, prototyping services, equipment or other service suppliers.
•Selecting and specifying primary and secondary plastic processing equipment and then developing project capital, product cost requirements, and appropriation requests.
•Process development plans and equipment optimization activities utilizing; analytical tools, DOE methods, risk assessment, plastic part and mold design practices.
•Process Verification by conducting FAT, IQ, OQ and PQ qualifications for molds and/or equipment and molding processes.
In addition to working in a modern and collaborative new product development environment and an annual salary in the $90,000 to $120,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits.
BS Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Plastics Engineering with minimum 6 years experience in injection molding process development.
- Experience with defining mold tooling, plastic resins and process equipment technical specifications for quotations, procurement and verification.
- Experience with mold design, plastic design analysis tools, design of experiments (DOE) and scientific molding practices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to identify root cause and implement solutions.
- Experience with injection molding of life science, medical devices or laboratory products is preferred.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO standards, Lean manufacturing concepts and familiarization of FDA regulations desired.
- Understanding of mechanical drawings, solid models and mold flow comprehension. Proficiency in SolidWorks is a plus.