A contract medical plastic injection molding company is searching for a hands-on Maintenance Technician to fill a plastic injection molding machine troubleshooting position. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the increasing the operational uptime of the facility and systems through an expanded Preventative Maintenance program.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor and maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Repair, adjust, maintain and re-assemble machines, mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Troubleshoot primary and secondary manufacturing equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and fabricate production equipment; welding, cutting, assembly, painting, finishing.
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of Injection Molding and Auxiliary support equipment, including but not limited to: Arburg, Van Dorn and Toyo Injection Molding Machines
- Ultrasonic Welders
- Multi-axis Industrial Robots
- Install and qualify above equipment as necessary
- Support and improve the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
- Continuing education to update and expand skill set
- Document custom equipment and modifications
- Specify and order replacement components to maintain spare parts inventory
- Communicate with multiple departments in a professional, positive, team-oriented manner
- Operate a personal computer, utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Education in electrical and hydraulic training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience to include maintaining injection molding machines.
- Hydraulic and Electrical proficiency.
- AS in electronics preferred.
- ISO experience preferred.
- Good troubleshooting and mechanical skills with ability to read blueprints.
- Strong background in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and robotics.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Valid driver’s license
In addition to a hourly rate in the $24 to $29 range the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.