A well regarded and rapidly growing plastic injection molding custom manufacturing company is searching for a Manufacturing Automation Engineer or Mechatronics Engineer. The Manufacturing Automation Engineer is responsible for the improvement of the efficiency and the productivity of existing manufacturing systems (think PLC’s, robotics, etc.) in all manufacturing departments. Duties also include; researching, recommending, and implementing technological advancements to ensure quality and operating improve efficiencies.
- B.S. in Plastics, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on plastics processing is desired, or Associate degree in Engineering with 10 years experience in automation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of; pick and place equipment, robotics (i.e. Yushin and Whitman), PLC’s (e.g. Allen-Bradley), and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to supervise upgrades and retrofits to existing equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP’s is highly desirable.
- Proficient in solving problems using algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
- Ability to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and write Maintenance Manuals, and set-up and calibration procedures.
- Ability to perform IQ, OQ, and PQ machine validations.