A leader in designing and manufacturing tight tolerance connectors for the glass fiber commercial industry is currently seeking an innovative individual that demonstrates significant ingenuity in problem solving for the position of Manufacturing Process Engineer. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will support all products produced from Design Engineering through end user support. The Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the plant: leads the installation and startup of new plastic molding and auxiliary equipment, responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to ensure products are produced to specifications in accordance to manufacturing schedules while ensuring efficient use of resources by performing the following duties.
Essential Manufacturing Process Engineer Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods and processes related to plastic injection molding products and assembly of the products.
- Provides timely, accurate and competitive piece rates for current and developing products.
- Develops assembly instructions for new products to ensure quality and speedy inspection.
- Establishes customer and internal process changes, incorporates the changes, and ensures changes become effective.
- Establishes the processes and routines to handle discrepant/ returned products (RMAs) and internal jobs to be re worked.
- Studies and records time, motion, methods in speeds and performance of production and other work operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies.
- Communicates with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine part specification and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in production.
- Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment into manufacturing process.
- Tests ability of machines to perform required tasks.
In addition to an annual salary in the $60,000 and $80,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Plastics Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of two years of working knowledge of molding processing, engineering design, testing experience.
- Project Management Experience: developing project plans; coordinating projects; communicating changes and progress, completing projects on time and budget and managing project team activities.
- Must have working knowledge of engineering design, test, manufacturing processes
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word Processing software; Microsoft Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Database software.
- Understanding of CAD software and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.