A custom plastic injection molding manufacturing company is searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for researching and developing ideas and processes for new products. This position will work to improve upon the performance and design of existing products and oversee production and packaging of final product. The Mechanical Design Engineer will direct, coordinate and exercise authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design, model and test prototypes for products
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer generated reports.
• Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts. Responsible for determining feasibility of design effort.
• Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
• Considers performance, safety, patents, goals and regulatory requirements when designing products of systems.
In addition to an annual salary in the $70,000 to $90,000 range the company offer competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
The Mechanical Design Engineer must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and five years of proven work experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer in machine design industry. This individual must have work experience with PLC programming, motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, pneumatic/hydraulic systems and the manufacturing process. This person must be proficient with Solid Modeling (Autodesk Inventor preferred), Microsoft Office and technical writing.
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business, Manufacturing or Product Design
The Mechanical Design Engineer must be able to read, analyze and interpret common industry, scientific, and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. He or she must also have the ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
The Mechanical Design Engineer must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. He or she must be able to create formulas in Excel. The person must be able to draw; to compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to interpret bar graphs. In addition to this, he or she needs to have a basic understanding of statistics.