The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design of a wide range of high temperature furnaces, and also providing technical support to other intercompany departments. The successful candidate for this position will participate in the planning and manufacturing of new furnaces, and be able to take a project/furnace from the conceptual stage through completion.
In addition to an annual pay rate between $85,000 and $100,000 the company offers competitive benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Ability to produce detailed, professional quality drawings from customer specifications using 2D and 3D drawing and design software.
- Produce all necessary product documentation including, bill of materials, manufacturing and assembly drawing and documentation, ERP related documentation, and generate specification data sheet
- Work closely with Sales and Manufacturing to investigate and research possible design for manufacturing improvements that improve furnace performance or reduces cost
- Maintain a documented history of decisions made on each new project to help support manufacturing during the assembly phase
- Collaborate with Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing on development projects and any decisions made that impact what’s critical to quality and cost
- Upload information into the project tracker to keep all departments informed
- Must be familiar with engineering documentation techniques and processes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Results oriented; high levels of personal initiative, energy and ownership for success
- Inquisitive mind; actively keeps abreast of new and developing technologies
- Strong expertise in analyzing design details, design and engineering processes within the department
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work equally well with peers, superiors, and subordinates
- Knowledge and understanding of modern manufacturing t4echniques including sheet metal fabrication, welding, and integration of automation.
- Producing necessary design reports and documentation
- Assisting in the manufacture of new furnaces
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field; MBA preferred
- Active working knowledge of 2D and 3D design software, engineering drawings, creation and interpretation of specifications
- Good computer skills and expert data analysis
- 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in mechanical design engineering
- Experience in project management and team facilitation
- Experience in furnace manufacturing or other industrial equipment manufacturing
- Proven track record in helping to design and commercialize industrial equipment