A company manufacturing plastic connectors for the glass fiber industry is searching for a Plastic Mold Maker to build, polish, maintain and repair plastic molds.
Mold Maker Responsibilities Include:
- Performing mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear.
- Build tight tolerance connector molds and tooling.
- Modify existing molds and/or find ways to recycle molds.
- Noting any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc.
- Documenting work and keep accurate records.
- Dissembling and assembling molds, analyzing and solving basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc.
- Assembling, repairing, inspecting, cleaning and polishing molds using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces.
- Laying out, fabricating and assembling metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Setting up and operating lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Interpreting drawings, evaluating machining methods on assignments and occasionally instructing other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of tool room equipment.
- Computing dimensions; determining machining and material or parts required.
- Performing precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Solving problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production processes.
In addition to an annual salary in the $70,000 to $80,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
•Prior background in plastic injection mold making, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
- CNC experience would be a plus.
- A Mold or Tooling Journeyman Certificate would be a real plus.