A contract plastic injection molding manufacturing company is searching for a Plant Controller.
The Plant Controller will prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Analyze financial information to identify opportunities for cost savings or revenue enhancement.
PLANT CONTROLLER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for financial operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, AR collections, general ledger/journal entries, payroll, commissions, cash profit sharing, job costing, fixed assets, and cash flow management.
- Responsible for month end closing functions; including sales and financial reporting.
- Prepares monthly financial reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger and department reports.
- Ensure all payroll tax reports are prepared and filed, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and all other tax requirements.
- Prepare budgets for approval by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommend plans to the Leadership Team.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) spreadsheets and score boards, ensuring relevant fields are updated weekly.
- Update KPI schedules for upcoming period, advise Leadership Team members on development of lead and lag KPI measures appropriate for current business objectives. Devise data collection methods and processes to support KPIs.
- Responsible for year-end closing functions, including year-end audit work papers, 401k census, W2’s and 1099’s, property and sales tax reporting.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Benchmark financial performance against similar plastics companies.
- Supervise and support purchasing department, ensuring sound personnel and processes are in place regarding procurement, inventory management, and price reviews and price changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Five or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced computer skills, including extensive experience with ERP systems (IQMS preferred), spreadsheet programs and databases.
- Commitment to driving performance through KPI’s
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- CPA or CMA designation preferred.
- Lean Certification preferred