A manufacturing company that designs, develops, and produces industrial plastic blow molded products is searching for a Plant Manager. The Plant Manager will report directly to the CEO. This position is responsible for providing managerial leadership and direction to the plant manufacturing facility, maximizing capital and human resource utilization in attaining production objectives of acceptable quality within established cost parameters. The position is also accountable for management direction of the people, materials and assets of the plant for the purpose of producing assigned products according to the production plan and customer requirements. The Plant Manager drives Lean Manufacturing and change management initiatives throughout the facility and implements effective Continuous Improvement programs in support of plant and customer requirements. The successful candidate will demonstrate sustained success in:
- Working to continuously improve production operations with respect to productivity, quality, safety, inventory levels and operating expense while utilizing lean manufacturing techniques
- Effective leadership implementing Lean Manufacturing and change management
- Provide Effective Leadership to ensure plant leadership team is continually aligned to accomplish the company Operational Goals & objectives
- Drive and deploy new leadership objectives and standards while providing vision and training to accomplish these objectives
- Develop effective working relationships with union leadership (United Steel Workers)
- Meet performance metrics for production operations
- Evaluate financial implication of changes made in the operation, with objective of achieving maximum profitability
- Manage, report, document and plan production performance, continuous improvement activities, action plans, strategic plans and employee utilization.
- Empower employees and develop continuous improvement philosophy throughout manufacturing team
The company offers an annual salary in the $125,000 to $150,000 range the company offers competitive benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or sufficient years of experience
- Ten (10) or more years in a plastic product manufacturing environment.
- Lean thinker, demonstrated passion and experience implementing and working in a Lean environment
- Proven ability to develop a culture of safety and 5S
- Proven leader with ability of driving success through daily task management and accountability.
- Demonstrated success in leadership development and effective succession planning
- Experience changing culture within a union environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products