A captive plastic bottle blow molding company is searing for Blow Mold Machine Operators to operate extrusion blow molding machines, grinders, trimmer machines and conveyor systems. Will also troubleshoot process problems and perform minor maintenance to ensure continued operation of production line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operating blow-mold machines (including wheels, reciprocating or shuttle machines) to ensure production of quality bottles and perform audits, weights and quality checks.
- Setting up and operating blow molding machines to mold plastic products according to specifications
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repair on blow molding and support equipment.
- Repairing or replacing pneumatic and hydraulic lines.
- Assisting mechanics with preventive maintenance, mold, neck and blow pin and other mechanical changes.
Removing work pieces from molds after timing device opens mold, and trims excess material.
- Regrinding excess materials and unsatisfactory work pieces for reuse, using grinding machines.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous experience in pneumatic, hydraulics and mechanical aptitude.
- Previous Plastic Bottle Blow Mold Experience.
- Be able to lift 50lbs or more.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of electrical components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced work environment.