A proprietary injection blow molder of disposable lab ware is searching for a Principal Engineer. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for injection blow molding setting the standard as the leading expert for injection blow molding. The Principal Engineer will bring new products to life by designing and developing processing and manufacturing plans from concept to launch.
The Principal Engineer be the subject matter expert developing a wide variety of new injection blow molded products playing a significant role in growing the disposable lab ware business.
Principal Engineer Responsibilities:
- Process Design and Development: Review product designs to enhance Design for Manufacturability, determine process feasibility and development options, select equipment and tooling. You’ll then work on development plans with mold makers, contract manufacturers, prototyping services, equipment or other service suppliers.
- Engineering Project Management: Plan and execute the broader process development activities within a cross functional team, from concept through product launch.
- Detailed Process Development: Develop detailed process development plans by applying failure mode analysis, process analytical tools, design of experiments, sound plastic part and mold design practices. Your final manufacturing plans will meet specifications for product, mold and equipment requirements within project capital and product cost guidelines.
- Verification and Validation: You’ll own and be accountable for FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ activities to ensure process verification and validation for molds, equipment and molding processes. You’ll also assist in maintaining intellectual property rights for new processes.
- Partner with Great Coworkers: Communicate with Marketing, Product Development, Industrial Design and other Operations team members to resolve process, mold and equipment details that differ from concepts or new product specifications. Celebrate your process development success and plans as you present at review meetings
In addition to an annual salary in the $85,000 to $110,000 range, the company offer competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
Eight or more years of process development experience with Injection Blow Molded and/or Injection Stretch Blow molded products.
- Extensive experience with establishing process conditions and solving product quality issues by understanding the relationships of material, product design, tooling, machine and processing conditions.
- Experience with evaluating and selecting mold tooling, plastic resins and processing equipment.
- Experience with structured process qualifications, design of experiments, data analysis and technical writing is desired.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), ISO standards, Lean Manufacturing concepts and familiarization of FDA regulations desired.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to10- 20% of the time).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent technical skills, including demonstrated project management, organization, and planning.
- Analytical nature, responds positively to challenges and a problem solver
- Responsive, results oriented and task driven
- Proficiency in engineering project and resource management, timelines, and capital budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions.