A large and well established custom injection molding company is searching for a Process Technician to lead; start-up activities, in-process activities, and shut down requirements. The Process Technician will also be required to participate in a daily 5S and Process Audit program. Other responsibilities include: part containment, scrap monitoring, material handling, maintenance requests, mold sets/pulls, and other duties as assigned.
PROCESS TECHNICIAN ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee/perform line clearance activities.
- Process/robotic/cycle time verification during start-up
- Submit start-up shots to Quality per QAR/CP
- Perform in-process mold PMs at the prescribed frequency identified in the Process Binder
- Initiate work orders to correct problems with molds, molding machines and auxiliary equipment
- Perform record keeping. This includes, but may not be limited to, cavitation levels, downtime reasons, machine logs, process changes, tool issues, etc.
- Perform 5S and Process audits as assigned
- Interact with members of the quality department to resolve quality issues
- Interact with Shift supervisor, Quality Assurance Technicians and peers to accomplish primary objectives (scrap, yield, cycle time, etc.)
- Ability to work, at times, with machine maintenance and testing personnel to resolve problems or improve processes
- Comprehend and work with material handling systems
- Fill in as Shift Supervisor as needed
- Good performance record, work ethic, demonstrated initiative
- Strong plastic molding skills
- Mechanical aptitude and dexterity
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Analytical thinking and math skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills