A medical device component injection molding leader, is looking to expand their technical staff with the addition of a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the aggressive sales strategy of medical molded products.
- Leading cross functional teams from the quoting stage of a program to production launch.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to review part designs (draft, side-actions, shutoffs, the basics)
- Understanding of injection mold tooling including:
- Mold features due to part geometry
- Mold construction basics (can review mold designs)
- Medical molding experience
- Thermoplastic injection molding experience
- Understanding good manufacturing processes and advanced quality planning (APQP) including a working knowledge of the following:
- DOEs (Design Of Experiments)
- Capability studies
- “Steel Safe/Tolerance Safe” concept
- Automation concepts (press robots, automated assembly equipment)
- The relative cost impact of options and can choose the best option
- Ability to manage multiple projects which includes:
- Sound project organization skills
- Effective timeline management (MS Project, Gantt charts, etc)
- Multiple supplier management skills (mold makers, material suppliers)
- Skillful project budget management (On time, on target)
- Excellent communication skills
In addition to a modern work environment, an annual salary in the $80,000 to $100,000 range, the company offer competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
- An engineering degree (mechanical or plastics) and five or more years of experience is preferred.
- Ability to review plastic injection mold designs.
- Medical plastic injection molding experience.
- Design of Experiments (DOE) working knowledge.
- Injection molded plastic part design experience.