A growing custom thermoforming company wants to hire a Plastic Processing Technician or Engineer to facilitate new forming project launches and sampling, as well as continuous improvements in forming processes and procedures, such as:
- Reviewing scheduled jobs in the department on a daily basis to assure we have required materials and tooling ready for production.
- Managing Forming Sample Process and handles all documentation resulting from it.
- Reviewing rates on all orders to assure they are in line with expected run times and records Standards in E2 system.
- Assuring that set-up sheet instructions are clear and updated whenever changes are being made.
- Actively encouraging employee engagement and process ownership through clarifying goals, continuous communication, individual appreciation and actively listening to employee suggestions.
- Assuring Department 5S and organization are implemented and sustained.
- Participating in and performs Kaizen events.
- Assisting in troubleshooting any forming issues.
- Setting-up new jobs and preparing process instructions for new set-ups and trials.
- Assisting in the training and development of forming personnel.
- Supporting and implements quality initiatives.
- Performing analysis to identify root causes and implement solutions per ISO 9001 and 14001 program requirements.
- Developing and implements TPM Processes making machines visual.
- Performing set-up improvements and scrap reduction actions.
- Assisting in Tooling improvements.
- Responsible for improving Department OEE and $/labor hour.
- Developing Forming Process Management Systems and Standards (SPC).
- Following all safety procedures to create a safe work environment for all personnel.
- Implementing 5S and Lean Manufacturing (OPEX) initiatives already in place in the Forming department.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Education / Experience
- Technical or Plastics Degree preferred.
- Significant thermoforming or injection molding plastic molding equipment set-up and forming experience.
Mathematical& Reasoning Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Able to practical problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.