A large plastic polymer compounding company is searching for a hands-on Polymer Compounding Production Manager. The Polymer Compounding Production Manager is responsible for ensuring top performance in operations – specifically in the areas of operability and quality performance in manufacturing. Must have strong people development skills, an improvement mindset and experience in polymer processing.
Polymer Compounding Production Manager responsibilities include:
- Analyzing and delivering improvements on operational performance
- Ensuring availability of products, as required by the market
- Providing input to ensure inventory levels are maintained to minimum required for delivery of market needs and operational excellence
- Promoting healthy working practices for all employees
- Managing safety through line organization
- Actively seeking and implementing improvement opportunities
- Leads and coaches department in delivery of results
- Ensuring the development of direct reports and their teams
- Provides regular feedback on performance and makes time for people issues
- Ensuring that products meet (or exceed) customer expectations in terms of quality, availability and manufacturing cost
- Working actively to maintain a good working environment within the management team and between departments
In addition to an annual salary in the $110,000 to $125,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, a 10% bonus potential, profit sharing and relocation assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Production Management or equivalent (a Master’s Degree is preferred).
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in a relevant management position
- Economic effects of productivity, etc.
- Trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Policies, guidelines and procedures
- Process management and optimization
- Risk management
- Polymer processing and process engineering
- Performance management and coaching
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- High ethical standards
- Ability to simultaneously work in line and matrix organization