A custom injection molding company is currently seeking an innovative individual that demonstrates significant ingenuity in problem solving and processing for the position of Plastic Injection Molding Process Engineer. The Process Engineer will support injection molding process development, process improvement and operator training.
The Injection Molding Process Engineer is responsible for the complete set-up, change over, adjustment, and troubleshooting of mold tooling in plant injection molding machines, as well as related auxiliary equipment. This position is responsible for debugging new mold tools, establishing molding process parameters, and reviewing existing jobs for process improvements, as well as, acting as a resource to other departmental personnel in troubleshooting problem molding jobs. In addition, the Injection Molding Process Engineer will assist with automation, developing robotic path motions, testing procedures, and documenting results.
- High School Diploma required. Technical college or college training/degree in related plastics manufacturing or engineering program preferred.
- Plastic Injection Molding Scientific Molding Training and Certification would be a huge plus.
- Prior experience setting up and troubleshooting plastic injection molding machines in a production molding environment required (3+ years desired).
- Previous experience with insert micro injection molding applications and automation/robotics a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, and ability to visualize spatially in three dimensions.
- Must possess solid oral and written communication skills, with an ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other employees at all levels of the organization.Willingness to operate production machinery as needed.
In addition to competitive benefits, the company offers an annual salary in the $80,000 to $100,000 range.