A manufacturer of plastic injection molded plastic closures is searching for a Process Technician to work a 12 hour first shift.
The key responsibilities for the Process Technician are:
- Ensuring that all work undertaken or supervised is carried out safely and without injury
- Ensuring that all food safety issues are reported to the appropriate manager or supervisor
- Initiating corrective action for non-conformance’s related to injection and vision system processes.
- Operating: injection molding machines, vision systems, down-stream equipment, and material feed equipment
- Assisting with the start-up of new equipment: developing process parameters and implement operator training plan
- Monitoring critical process parameters on the injection machines, vision systems, color feeders, color blenders and secondary systems to include scheduled process and equipment audits
- Establishing optimum calculated alarm parameters around the baseline process.
- Leading role in advanced process analysis: identifying process improvements that result in cost savings, improved part quality, and improvement of related KPI’s
- Conducting process related training for operators
- Liaising with outside suppliers, machine manufacturers, and management.
- Executing sample requests issued and process related activities focused on identifying root cause
- Participating in mold and product design/drawing/process reviews when required
- Auditing box counts and vision system to verify that the equipment is working correctly.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Advanced injection molding knowledge related to troubleshooting and resin behavior
- Advanced problem-solving skills focused on root cause analysis and lessons learned
- Working knowledge of basic hydraulic/electric/pneumatic/vision systems
- Ability to lift 35 pounds unassisted and work standing for 12 hours
- Effective time management skills
- 5 years of experience with processing injection mold machines and secondary equipment
- Process design and mold qualifications preferred
- Formal plastic process training such as scientific molding, Paulson or equivalent preferred
- ISO or similar quality system and SQF or similar food safety system
Degree or technical certification preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $31.00 /hour