A global leader in the plastics industry providing technical business solutions through a holistic approach to the simulation of injection molding processes with proprietary software is searching for a Project Engineer. The company focuses on building trusting relationships with customers that instills confidence in mold design and production in injection molding. The company also offers contract engineering services and provides customer development through education in our training arena and customer support.
The purpose of the Project Engineering position is to assist in growing the company’s customer base. This includes conducting and managing projects related to engineering services, software demonstrations, support and a training academy. The Project Engineer will be working with staff from several areas as well as customers. This position is a stepping stone for future growth within our organization, in areas such as, new business development, customer management, and support. This individual will report directly to the company President.
- Utilize Virtual Molding Software to setup injection molding analysis on a daily basis to provide insight and solutions to the company’s customer base.
- Create engineering reports to communicate software capabilities, part details, process variables and final geometry properties.
- Communicate, facilitate and present technical materials at internal meetings, workshops, seminars, customer locations and conferences.
- Support the application engineers in technical and sales visit to current and potential new customers.
- Assist training programs after a reasonable acclamation period.
- Evaluate lab measured data to understand thermo-physical behavior of polymers.
- Create polymer material files for project setup.
- Identify key elements within the material and part nature to consider when adjusting the process parameters.
- Evaluate analysis results to highlight the material and mold behavior during processing.
- Determine root cause for potential molding defect on plastic parts.
- Suggest part design and mold design changes to avoid potential defects.
- Perform web and live presentations to communicate results and finding to customers.
- Assist with support calls from existing customers.
- Travel to customer sites both domestic and abroad if needed. (Up to 25% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics, Materials, Mechanical or Industrial engineering
- 2+years or experience of processing polymers through injection molding
- Team player with a willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Expertise in trouble shooting plastic parts designs as well as understanding common plastic injection molds components functionality
- Understanding the flow and mechanical behavior of common manufacturing resins
- CAD design experience highly valued as well as proficiency using Microsoft office package
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
In addition to an annual salary in the $70,000 to $85,000 range, the company offers excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401(k) with employer contributions, 3 weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.