A company that develops software used in the Plastic Injection Molding Industry to improve equipment performance and improve profitability is searching for Plastic Injection Molding Project Engineer. The successful candidate will have little to no management experience but has some plastic injection molding engineering experience across the areas of processing, tooling, and maintenance.
Project Engineer Job Duties:
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management on proprietary plastic injection molding processing software..
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Determines project specifications by studying software and client product processing design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving technical problems as required to support sales.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains project data base by keeping organized.
- Host periodic meetings and project updates with Management and technical staff.
- Contributes to team effort by working cross departmentally with the technical group to complete and organize projects.
- Contributes engineering expertise within defined projects to improve molding operations in mainly equipment & support infrastructure.
- Gathers project plastic injection molding processing software requirements from internal customers.
- Formulates a project plan for approval: costs, timeline, goals, benefits, and changes to current customer processes.
- Individually contributes work to accomplish plan goals while providing indirect leadership to team members when needed
- Provide balanced project completion thru individual contribution and group consensus, keeping with FAST and HARMONY.
Project Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical Understanding specific to injection molding and manufacturing.
- Plastic injection molding processing software analysis relating to Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- Must have a four year Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Process Improvement knowledge.
- Computer documentation skills.