A well established custom injection molding manufacturing company is searching for a Injection Molding Quality Assurance Manager. The primary function of the Quality Assurance Manager is to plan, organize, direct and run the day-to-day Quality Department activities to ensure customer expectations are exceeded through delivery of high-quality products. This role is responsible for implementing, leading, managing, and successfully executing all aspects of the company’s Quality Management System including ISO and SQF certifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with plant operations in the areas of quality program management, inspection coordination and testing requirements to develop, implement and maintains the Quality Management System.
- Manages the development, modification and maintenance of all quality evaluation and control systems in areas of product responsibility, and in compliance with company policies, customer requirements and government regulations.
- Develops, manages and implements testing methods, equipment and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Manages statistical analysis projects to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Manages the auditing process of quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective action plans are establish and executed in a timely manner, meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with all, customer and regulatory requirements
- Manages the development of sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Reports to management as required on the status of quality assurance programs and practices.
- Manages up front quality planning for new products to ensure appropriate quality systems and processes required to support the introduction are developed and implemented.
- Manages development, implementation and overseeing compliance of site-required agency certifications related to product and process quality, such as SQF, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, QS9000, ISO 14000 and TS16949.
- Represents the company on all third party, customer and regulatory audits.
- Generate and maintain applicable quality system documentation, as needed. Documents such as Device Master Record (DMR), Design History File (DHF), validation protocols, for example, and other specified documents in support of customer projects.
- Ensure conformity of initial and ongoing validations performed in support of the GMP quality systems.
- Develop matrixes related to the Quality Management System, report to top management.
- Organize and facilitates Management Review Meetings
- Ensures on going corrective action leadership and continuous improvement for administration of internal and external audits.
- Complete training as required for SQF/QMS
- Collect and analyze data to find opportunities to increase profits and prevent waste.
- Analytical problem solver with a great deal of abstract reasoning and multidimensional thinking
- Self-disciplined with sharp attention to detail
- Future-thinking, confident visionary focused on systems and processes
- Strong organization, time management, prioritization and communication skills
- Data driven, logical decision maker
- Proactive and acts quickly to address and resolve customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Quality or other Technical discipline.
- Certification, formal training or continued education in Problem Solving Methodologies (5 Why, 8-D, etc) required.
- Post-graduate training or degree in Management preferred.
- Work Experience
- 10+ years of quality control experience
- 5+ years of quality auditing experience
- Exceptional knowledge of Quality Certification policies (SQF/ISO)
- Experience successfully supervising, leading, coaching, and mentoring a team
- Background in plastic injection molding or related manufacturing work environment
- Excellent computer skills to effectively generate reports, input required data or present information.
- Continuous Improvement / Kaizen training preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Training (Green Belt / Black Belt) preferred
In Addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $100,000 range the company offers; Attractive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K, holiday, paid vacation and relocation assistance.