A leading provider of innovative solutions in the field of polyolefin compounded resins used in the manufacture of automotive plastic parts and components is searching for a Product Developer.
The Product Developer will be a resin compounding professional with command of diverse practices in applications and complex concepts and principles in Automotive product design and end use performance. This knowledge is acquired through deep and/or broad experience typically combined with an academic/ professional qualification. This person is well recognized within the industry as expert in the given application and technology field. Executing product management activities for defined portfolio/segment.
The primary purpose of the Product Developer is to secure and support running business, and build upon current automotive portfolio based on TPO’s. The following experience is required:
- Expertise in mineral / short glass fiber filled polyolefin compounds for Interior and Exterior automotive application. Well versed with thermoplastic resins and their formulations, including high performance engineering resins, TPE, TPOs, functional additives, stabilizers packages, flow enhancing additives, pigments and mineral based fillers
- Understanding of OEM specifications and approval processes
- Expertise in liaising with cross-functional teams, production/QA, marketing/sales for diversification of existing portfolio, cost reduction efforts, competitive use of emerging technologies and resolving internal or customer-end issues and concerns
- Understanding of all the elements of commercial product development including scale up, production scale compounding, formulation & grade development, materials management, etc.
- Ability to optimize Cost & Complexity of defined product portfolio and define improvement actions
- Setting the general quality standards for commercial products.
- Capable to provide technical support in customer and supplier Quality audits
- Capable to provide technical expertise internally, e.g., for trouble shooting in production, value chain marketing projects, as well as for external presentations and industrial state-of-the-art training of internal engineers.
- Ability to lead technical investigation and decide on justification of product claims
- Expertise in identification and implementation of incremental product modifications to improve product performance, reduce product cost, improve product quality or change asset source
In addition to an annual salary in the $100,000 to $120,000 range, the company offers an extensive and competitive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- 12 paid holidays
- 401K match of 6%
- Incentive plan and profit sharing plan
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition reimbursement