A global leader in the plastics industry for over 20 years, the company continues to provide technical business solutions through a holistic approach for the simulation of injection molding processes with our proprietary software. The company focuses on building trusting relationships with customers that instills confidence in mold design and production in injection molding. The organization also offers contract engineering services and provides customer development through education in the training arena and through customer support.
Position Overview: The purpose of the Sales Manager position is to assist in the growth of revenue particularly focused on software sales. The Sales Manager must be highly motivated, organized and a great communicator. The company staff members are highly valued professionals, which the sales manager will be working closely with to; develop sales forecasts and goals, coordinate activities, mentor, coach, and manage the sales process.
- Establishing sales objectives by forecasting and develop annual sales budgets; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new customers by working with sales team members.
- Implement sales programs by developing sales action plans working with various groups within the company ( i.e. Sales, Engineering, Support, Training).
- Managing, developing, coaching and motivating the sales team to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and action plan targets are met.
- Providing on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals.
- Meeting with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them.
- Continually developing knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts.
- Maintaining data relative to accounts and activities and will document customer interactions through internal database system.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, leadership or sales related focus.
- 5+ years of displayed inside/outside sales success with 3 years of inside/outside sales department management experience.
- Strong analytical skills for applying metrics and measurements in a sales environment along with being highly organized.
- Ability to problem solve and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English
- Background in manufacturing or technical related field would be a plus.
In addition to an annual salary in $110,000 to 115,000 range, the company offers excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, 3 weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.