A custom injection molding company that designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense / security, medical, consumer, industrial, and niche automotive markets is searching for a Sr. Project Engineer. The Sr. Project Engineer will direct and coordinate engineering projects and programs, with an emphasis in complex tooling, by working directly with customers and vendors on a regular basis.
Primary Sr. Project Engineer responsibilities include the following:
- Planning and implementing engineering programs per customer requirements.
- Developing and maintaining schedules and budgets for assigned engineering projects, and control expenditures within budget limitations.
- Coordinating preparation and delivery of project scope, design documents, and bid packages.
- Assigning and overseeing project personnel to specific phases or aspects of projects, including technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviewing product design and offering design assistance to customers in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinating activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Fully managing outside tooling sources, providing detailed direction on tool design, tool steels, and tool construction.
- Directing the integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluating and approving design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Providing status and progress reports to customers, project team, and management on project milestones, and adjust schedules as needed to ensure customer needs are met.
- Preparing project report summaries.
- Assisting Manufacturing Engineering with activities on the production floor as needs dictate.
- Representing the company with customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Following and supporting all established safety policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company.
In addition to a modern work environment the company offers an annual salary in $80,000 to $95,000 range, competitive benefits and relocation assistance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, preferably with a plastics or tooling emphasis.
- Position also requires 10 years of experience in a Project Engineer/Manger position with strong tooling background and program management responsibility.
- Experience with PPAP and APQP procedures required.
- Plastic injection molding experience required.
- Computer proficiency with engineering software programs (SolidWorks, MoldFlow, etc) and Microsoft Office is required.
- Sales skills would be a plus but, not required, this is a technical position.