A well known and rapidly growing manufacturer of carry out thermoformed plastic food containers is searching for a Thermoforming Process Technician. The Thermoforming Process Technician is responsible for the ownership of the setup of production tooling and process activities on dedicated thermoforming equipment for new product development; maintaining and adhering to an aggressive production schedule.
Thermoforming Process Technician responsibilities include;
• Setup thermoforming tooling including knowledge of cooling and vacuum equipment on 50″ production machinery.
• Operating independently to define processing parameters and recipe development for new production tooling. Able to ‘dial in’ process to achieve product specifications.
• Knowledge and ability to setup trim presses and install tooling
• Process/Tool troubleshooting at tooling start-ups and during production
• Perform troubleshooting and process adjustments to thermoforming equipment.
• Reduce variability by ensuring equipment is run under standard operating conditions, record deviations and assignable causes, and work towards correcting such causes.
• Monitor condition of equipment and tooling and notify management about areas that need attention.
• Keep record of pertinent process variables for the purpose of benchmarking and improving the process.
• Identify factors that negatively affect cycle time and work towards resolving such problems.
• Continuously improve processes to achieve best output without compromising quality
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance to ensure product quality.
• Provide tool design related feedback to Engineering as needed to improve product quality.
• Review of new tooling design with Tooling Engineering Group as needed.
In addition to an hourly rate in the $22 to $26 range, the company offers relocation assistance and competitive healthcare benefits.
• Must be detailed and multitask oriented
• Must possess strong communication and leadership skills
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Must have positive attitude towards team work and improvement of the process
• Tool making or machine shop experience a plus
• Specific knowledge of thermoforming tooling design and components
• Experience in manufacturing environment utilizing plastics processing
• Ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment
• Minimum two year undergraduate diploma
• Minimum five years hands-on experience in thermoforming processing.
• Three to five years of experience in process troubleshooting.