Ken Nunley, a third party recruiter and owner of Ken Nunley Gate House Consulting gave me a Questionnaire that he asks candidates to fill out and submit if they are interested in one of the positions listed on his web site www.QualityEngineerJobs.com. I am sharing this Questionnaire, with Ken’s blessing, with my avid readers four a couple of reasons. The first reason is that Ken is a very successful third party recruiter and this list provides excellent insight into what information a recruiter wants from a job applicant. The second reason I am sharing this questionnaire is that before Ken became a very successful third party recruiter, he was a very successful human resources manager and has inside knowledge of what information companies want from job applicants.
The following questionnaire should be used as a guide by anyone preparing a resume, responding to a company job advertisement, responding to a third party recruiter job advertisement, or during a telephone or face-to-face job interview. The questions are not in any particular order of importance but yet, they are all important.
- As a part of our QUALITY process please indicate your SALARY and RELOCATION preferences, what type of products and/or industries you’re experience with?
- What is prompting you to leave your current or last employer?
- What prompted you to leave your next to last employer?
- What is your completed BS degree and/or your advanced degree in?
- Your SALARY or RELOCATION preferences?
- Salary Range?
- Relocation – Urban, Suburban, Rural?
- Is the salary posted for this position within your interest range?
- Will you consider CONTRACT work?
- Are there any required skills in this job description that you are not experienced with?
- What types of products and/or industries are you experienced with?
- How many years of experience do you have in each industry?
- What is your availability to travel domestically and internationally?
- For DOD and DOE job submittals or no-US citizens – what are your current citizenship/VISA status and/or past or current security clearance?
- Do you require relocation support because you are a current home owner?
- Please list the contact numbers at which you can be reached, HOME #, CELL# and WORK#.
- Employment tenure of less than 36 months with any employer should be explained, i.e., lay off, plant closure, released, etc.
- Employment gaps of more than 1 year should be explained!
- Please provide us with the following information from your last two jobs:
– What was produced at that site? – Include: Employer/Company name and product/services produced?
– Who were your major customers? – Include: Employer/Company name and services/products sold to?
– With what process were you most involved? – Include: Employer/Company name and your focused contribution and accomplishments?
- ALL resumes MUST have dates of employment, employer name and job title!!!
Obviously this Questionnaire is written for anyone applying for a job. I have a similar questionnaire on my web site discoverypersonnel.com that is tailored for someone requesting Discovery Personnel’s help with their job search. Either questionnaire will provide a good overview of what information a company or third party recruiter needs from someone applying for a position or requesting help with a job search. BE PREPARED!