A specialty packaging company providing custom blow molding services for all types of rigid packaging, i.e., PET and HDPE plastic bottles, closures, etc., for the medical industry, wants to hire Extrusion Bow Molding Technicians. There Extrusion Blow Molding Technician and Maintenance openings are on 12-hour (2,2,3) day and 12-hour night (2,2,3) shifts.
- Setup and Operate the Extrusion Blow Molding machinery, tooling and equipment.
- Troubleshoot the machine, process and any quality issues.
- Maintain part quality expectations and production rates.
- Maintain compliance with cGMP Standards.
- Follows organizational and departmental practices and SOP’s to ensure safe operations of equipment, personal safety and compliance with customer quality standards.
- Record all machine and quality issues in the IQ log and sample parts visually as well as dimensionally.
- Enter Work Orders for any repairs or preventive maintenance in a timely manner.
- Able to follow work instructions and maintain the ISO Class 8 cleanroom environment.
- Understand all systems which support the work cell.
- Assist production personnel as needed.
- Perform verifications checks on logs on all paperwork in a timely manner and ensure documentation is completed before the end of their shift.
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with plastic molding
- Mechanical and analytical background would be a plus
- A High School Diploma
- Proficient in reading and writing in English.
- Ability to lead the shift when necessary
- Proficient in mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplication)
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems in a professional manor
In addition to an hourly rate in the $22 to $28 range the company offers medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement and relocation assistance.