A custom compounding facility wants to hire a Operations Manager to oversee manufacturing activities in a three-shift custom compounding facility. The company has been in business for over 40 years compounding: polyolefins, nylons, ABS, TPU, and reinforce plastic resins. The Operations Manger will ensure products are produced to high quality standards, on time and meeting established standards. The Operation Manager must also be able to; utilize their polymer compounding knowledge to improve machine efficiencies, procedures, and training of team members.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Providing daily “hands on” management of extrusion and secondary operations personnel.
- Ensuring that all machinery is running at or above budgeted cycle times.
- Managing, assisting and facilitating changeovers and setups.
- Managing the material mixers to ensure prioritizing material mixes such that all machinery is ready for product changeovers.
- Working with the scheduler for proper allocation of resources to start up prioritized job orders.
- Ensuring that all process log sheets are being filled out correctly by all employees.
- Performing required inspections, tests and audits and process capability studies as assigned.
- Inspecting the work of the production crew to ensure that product specifications are adhered.
- Training shift personnel on full scope of job functions and established procedures.
- Implementing the instructions of the VP of Operations regarding Quality, Safety, ISO, and Productivity issues.
- Ensuring compliance with all company policies.
- Developing daily/ weekly manpower and material requirements for manufacturing and scheduling personnel to meet or beat company labor goals.
- Extensive experience leading plastic extrusion and pulverizing processes and operating related machinery.
- Proven track record of managing, achieving goals, and maximizing results in a 3-shift plastic resin compounding manufacturing operation.
- Capable of working and functioning in a “smaller” company environment.
- Bilingual is a plus
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $90,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits and a 401(k) with matching up to 4%.