A leader in the design, development
and manufacture of innovative thermal processing technology solutions wants to
hire a Project Engineer. The successful project
engineering candidate will have a background in Process Equipment: pumps, piping, heat exchangers,
fans, burners, refractory, etc. and Equipment Build Cost Estimating.
- Writing bid specifications.
- Responding to Requests for Quotations (RFQ’s) from
customers and company sales people.
- Creating quotations for new and existing furnaces.
- Developing and maintaining cost estimating methods and
- Drafting with CAD software as required to create
quotations and communicate the basis of quotations to customers and
- Performing cost estimating calculations for new and
retrofitting existing equipment.
- Creating Bills of Material (BOM).
- B.S. in Mechanical or closely related engineering degree with 3+ years’ experience.
- Strong understanding of heat and mass transfer.
- Must have strong computer skills, be comfortable using MS Excel, and have some experience with CAD software – experience drafting a plus.
- Must be able to work on your own and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience in the preparation of equipment specifications and equipment build cost estimating is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to travel to job sites.
- Knowledge of power and controls a plus.
In addition to an annual salary in the $70,000 to $90,000 range the company offers; competitive health care benefits, bonus potential, and relocation assistance.