A manufacturer of heavy gage custom thermoformed products wants to hire a CNC Router Programmer who is knowledgeable using Mastercam software. The CNC Router Programmer will be responsible for managing, programming and maintenance of computer numeric controlled 5 axis (CNC) equipment for prototype (first run) and production thermoformed plastic products. The company operates a large rotary thermoforming machine, as well as, 9 basic thermoforming machines and 3 CNC Routers.
CNC Programmer Responsibilities:
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for thermoformed products.
- Review and obtain proper tooling.
- Program extremely close tolerance parts.
- CNC programming in Mastercam 3, 4, and 5 axis geometries, proving programs prior to machining of parts and tools on a 5-axis CNC router.
- Work with operators, program managers, engineers to determine project scope, schedule and important job details.
- Determine methods, tooling, feeds, speeds and all other necessary requirements necessary for manufacturing of plastic parts and components.
- Knowledge of machining various plastic materials.
- Directing or training other employees in CNC router setup, running, maintenance and cleaning
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation
- Prior experience with Mastercam programming 5 axis CNC routers.
- Must have strong GD&T knowledge to interpret engineering drawings from sketches to determine cutting or grinding tools to be used, method of holding, and machine speeds and feeds.
- Must have worked in CNC programming, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency.
- Experience machining a variety of plastic materials.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes for layup, trim, and assembly of thermoformed products.
- Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)