A producer of sustainable an engineering grade thermoplastic compounds, with over 90% recycled content, is searching for a Director of Sales. The thermoplastic compound is the most sustainable product on the market suitable for use in durable goods applications, such as; consumer electronics, furniture, electronic accessories, and the appliance market. This is a unique opportunity to drive rapid growth in the exploding market of sustainable plastics.
The ideal Director of Sales candidate will have a basic technical knowledge of plastics and the polymers that are used to make plastic end products and the selling skills to engage with both engineering and business leadership people at major brands. A passion for solving the plastic waste crisis is a must and experience helping brands make the transition to high recycled content products would be a real plus.
The Director of Sales can work from a Home Office.
Sales Director Required/Desired Skills:
- A strong technical knowledge of polymers and plastics
- Sales management skills
- Ability to understand modification of polymers through thermoplastic compounding
- Applying knowledge of the plastics waste crisis to develop and sell potential solutions including; mechanical recycling, bio polymers, and chemical recycling
- Ability to excite engineers and business leaders alike to adopt sustainable plastics solutions.
- Ability to focus on the product value to identify, cultivate and close on opportunities with brands driven to incorporate sustainable plastic end products
- A passion for providing sustainable solutions to brand owners
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple business development opportunities
- Ability to develop forecasts and pricing models for new business development.
- Business development experience in sustainable plastics preferred
- Sales/ business development experience working with major brand companies as well as plastics processors
- Experience selling compounded or reactor grade polymers used in injection molded or extruded end products is preferred
- Experience guiding prospective customers through technical evaluation and approval projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
In addition to an annual salary in the $150,00 to $180,000 range, the company offers; bonus potential, Healthcare coverage which is basically 100% company paid, and a 401(k) with company contribution.