A custom plastic injection molding company wants to hire an Automation Engineer. The Automation Engineer, plans, maps, sequences and performs assembly of complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic robotic and equipment from verbal and written instructions. Performs layout of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
· Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly automation equipment.
· Makes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment
· Performs equipment failure analysis, repairs, and scheduled preventative maintenance on robotic and automated equipment.
· Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
· Assists in installing new automated equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
· Creates new robot programs and edit existing robot programs.
· Updates manuals and programs for automated equipment.
· Keeps accurate reports of all activities performed on each piece of equipment.
· Provides input to engineering staff on areas for machine improvements.
· Sets up and maintains production maintenance schedule and parts inventory.
· Ensures all software is backed up and up-to-date.
· Works with Maintenance and Process Technicians to maintain daily production operations and assembly through preventative and corrective maintenance.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Ability to use advanced trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to use all varieties of precision measuring instruments
· Must be able to apply judgment to perform more difficult work with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC (programmable logic controllers) and ladder logic.
· Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $90,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits but no relocation assistance.